Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our wild and crazy week!

Let me give you a little peek into the craziness that was my week last week.

Monday afternoon.. Friend M calls me and tells me she has some bad news for me.  Our friends J and B were out on a boat and they never returned and they were with J's brother E.  Spent the rest of Monday looking for any news on them until I finally crashed late at night.

Tuesday.. more praying and worrying about our friends until my friend M called to tell me by the grace of God they had been found!  Joyous night!  Stayed up and watched live feed on a news station in Florida of them arriving, couldn't fall asleep until I had seen their faces and saw they were ok. 

Wednesday.. spent the day smiling, so happy our friends were found and they were alive!!!  Until...

1 AMish on Thursday morning.. friend M calls and wakes me up after falling asleep only an hour before.  Her house is FLOODING and can I please come get the kids so they can stay at my house.  So I throw clothes on and drive to her house to find the fire department there and water pouring out of her front door.  The kids are sitting on the couch with dazed looks on their faces.  I take them home, leave them with the hubby and head back over there and wade my way to her back porch.  We wait until 3:30 AM for  the housing maintenance guy to show up and when he does, he has no clue what to do.  Meanwhile her bedroom is soaked, as is her dining room, kitchen and entryway.  So we wait for more people to show up, they say oh it was the toilet.. um ok.  And they finally get her temp housing and off I go to bed around 430.  Fall asleep at 530ish only to be woken up at 7 by her daughter asking if it's ok to let my dog into our bedroom. 

After hubby gets home from muster, he goes to get their dog who is now staying with us.. a 100 pound rottie.. who is the sweetest dog but still very puppy in her actions.  My dog is old and likes being the only dog in the house.

The theme of last week seems to be water for sure.  My poor friend has a smelly house now with ripped out carpets and holes in the drywall.  They are staying in temp housing  but are going to insist that housing move them.  For them to properly fix all the damage, they need to rip out a whole bunch of stuff and that could take months!  Hopefully they will get them moved somewhere else.  My friend is so stressed and freaked about the whole thing.  And for the record, we doubt it was the damn toilet that caused such massive flooding in her house.. maybe the pipes connected to the toilet, since housing has been in to fix it three times in the past month, but not the toilet itself. 

Here's to hoping for a much calmer week this week.  Nothing to do with water would be a bonus.. unless it's some quick summer rain showers that make it so I don't have to take the time to water my veggie garden daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment