Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tasty Tuesday.. Zucchini Crust Pizza

I made this recipe last week and even the kiddo gobbled it down! I plan on making it again soon with the zucchini I bought this weekend. Even if you're not gluten free like me, it's still a yummy recipe to try out, and a great way to sneak in some veggies for the kids. I didn't even taste the zucchini in it!!

The recipe came from here.. http://www.celiac.com/articles/388/1/Zucchini-Crust-Pizza-Gluten-Free/Page1.html
Zucchini-Crust Pizza (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Mireille Cote.
3 ½ cup coarsely grated zucchini
salt
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup gluten-free flour mix
½ cup grated gluten-free mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated gluten-free Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Salt zucchini and let stand 15 minutes to draw out moisture. Squeeze the moisture out really well. Combine zucchini with remaining ingredients and spread onto a medium pizza pan that has been well oiled. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes until surface is dry and firm. Brush top with oil and broil under moderate heat for 5 minutes. Top with desired pizza toppings and
bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares.


Now, there are a few things I should note. I used more flour than it called for because it seemed awfully soupy to me when it was mixed up. I also used 1 cup of Italian blend cheese instead of the cheese it called for. Even with the extra flour in there, it was still pretty soupy. I poured it onto a cookie sheet and spread it out pretty thin because I like thin crust pizza. All in all, it's a great recipe and I give it two thumbs up on this Tasty Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment